Tuesday, September 28, 2004

BBC NEWS | Heated wool offers cosy feet

BBC NEWS | Heated wool offers cosy feet: "A 'smart wool' that can be heated has been developed by a New Zealand-based company, Canesis Network, in conjunction with an Australian woolgrowers' company, Australian Wool Innovation.

It works by using a conductive fibre which is blended with ordinary wool.

When the 'smart' woollen yarn is knitted together, it creates a bed of interconnected fibres with enough resistance to be heated, while retaining all the properties of wool.

'We think that the technology we have here is the first time it's really been integrated into the textile,' said Stewart Collie, science manager at Canesis's Smart Textile Innovation Centre.
The first product, socks that can be heated, should be on the UK market by early next year. "


By Kim Griggs
in Wellington, New Zealand

4 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I’m out searching & surfing for the latest information on payless shoe stores and found your blog. Although this isn't exactly what I am looking for, it caught my attention and I just read this post. I see now why Google pointed me here while I was searching for payless shoe stores related stuff. I'm glad I stopped long enough to read your posts -- thanks.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JOlmsted,

Your blog "BBC NEWS | Heated wool offers cosy feet", leads me to believe you will find my information on arthritis pain to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive site included ...

arthritis pain relief cream
rheumatoid arthritis pain relief
relief from arthritis pain
arthritis pain medication
alternative arthritis pain reliever
natural arthritis treatments

I have many valuable topics giving help and hints about the causes and treatment of arthritic pain.

Best Regards

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi JOlmsted,

As a result of reading your blog "BBC NEWS | Heated wool offers cosy feet", I think you will discover my site on relieving arthritis pain a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

alternative arthritis treatments
calorad arthritis
natural arthritis pain relief
arthritis inflammation pain
arthritis pain treatments
arthritis pain medicine
arthritis joint pain

We have many interesting articles covering all aspects of arthritis pain relief.

Best Regards

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous circulation boosters V3 said...

I visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home